In the hectic and hustled schedule of life, everyone wants an easy route to everything and that is why the home remedies have taken the form of chemical substitutes like for naturally healthy skin, we have make-up bags filled with products, for any health issue, we have medicines and similarly, everything has become so easy to do. But, are they capable enough to replace the goodness of natural substitutes?
You must have a sight about the essential oils that may be in scented candles, face creams, spa, or in any therapy. But, do you have proper knowledge about how can they be your go-to product in daily life? If not, then here is an ultimate guide on essential oils for beginners that will provide every sort of information about these gems.
Before beginning the ultimate guide, you must be thinking that in the world of adulteration, it is almost impossible to find naturally extracted and chemical-free essential oils. So, let me take you to the world of Aromazinternational.com! This online store has managed to gain name and fame in terms of best and most recognized essential oil manufacturers and suppliers in India who promised to deliver customers the good quality and hygienically produced oils and that too at their doorsteps.
Now, without any further ado, let’s get started with ESSENTIAL OILS:
What are Essential Oils?
Natural essential oils are the plant extracted liquids that are obtained from different parts of plants like flower, bark, leaf, fruit, root, or seed that contains the benefits of the parent plants by the process of extraction like steam, liquid, or expression one without losing the beneficial properties of the oil. These liquids are highly concentrated and that is why, it is recommended to dilute the oil before using it on the skin, hair, or daily life practices.
How Essential Oils Extracted?
Now, in the aisles of questions about the natural essential oils, one about the extraction process is sure to come in mind, and that is why here is the answer:
As stated above, the essential oils are extracted from the various parts of plants by the process of extraction or distillation named as solvent distillation, steam distillation, cold-press extraction, CO2 extraction, and water distillation as well. These processes are the one that extracts the oils from plants without the use of any chemical substitute and thus, producing oils of good quality and hygiene maintained and are that is why placed under the category of certified organic oils.
Properties of Essential Oils
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Antiseptic properties
- Antiviral Properties
- Antibacterial properties
- Antimicrobial properties
- Anti-fungal properties
- Germicidal properties
- Therapeutic properties
- Anti-Spasmodic Properties
- Antioxidant Properties
- Cytotoxic Properties
- Antibiotic Properties
- Analgesic Properties
- Antidepressant Properties
- Disinfectant Properties
- Anti-rheumatic Properties
- Anti-arthritic Properties
- Anti-neuralgic Properties
Characteristics of Essential Oils
- Essential oils are immensely potent and concentrated liquids.
- They are insoluble in water.
- They can only dissolve in oils
- Essential oils are volatile in nature
- They disperse into the air just after coming in contact with air.
Uses of Essential Oils
- Treatment of acne
- Reduce stress & anxiety
- Soothes dry skin in winters
- Promotes hair growth
- Relieves inflammation
- Reduces scars & blemishes
- Eliminates dandruff
- Alleviates pain and muscle ache
- Promotes wound healing
- Boosts immune system
- Calms down irritated scalps
- Aromatherapy due to the therapeutic benefits in aroma
- Fights against premature signs of aging
- Stops hair fall by promoting blood circulation
- Pest Control Process
- Promotes sleep by calming down the tensed nerves
- Ease the discomfort of labor
- Treats bacterial, viral, or fungal infection
- Best used for headaches and migraines
What are the Topmost Used Essential Oils?
- Cinnamon Essential Oil
- Ginger Essential Oil
- Sandalwood Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Orange Essential Oil
- Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Basil Essential Oil
- Carrot Seed Essential Oil
- Clove Essential Oil
- Frankincense Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
What Are the Best Carrier Oils Used to Dilute Essential Oils?
- Argan Carrier Oil
- Olive Carrier Oil
- Jojoba Carrier Oil
- Sesame Seed Carrier Oil
- Sweet Almond Carrier Oil
- Coconut Carrier Oil
- Grape Seed Carrier Oil
- Castor Carrier Oil
- Hemp Seed Carrier Oil
- Aloe Vera Carrier Oil
How to Use Essential Oils?
The easiest way to use them is to inhale the aroma of the oil either from the bottle directly or with the help of a diffuser.
You can also use the steam inhalation method to inhale the beneficial aroma of any preferred essential oil. For this, you just need to place a bowl of hot water and mix a few drops of the oil and take the steam with the help of a towel.
This process of inhalation can also be done with the help of cotton balls or any soft fabric. This method is called dry evaporation. Just dip the fabric into the oil and inhale the aroma of the oil.
You can massage the essential oil topically on the infected area of the body to reduce the pain but only after diluting it with some carrier oil mentioned above.
For the muscle and body pain, one of the best ways to use the essential oil is to mix a few drops of it the lukewarm bathing water for the soothing effects.
The essential oils can also be used with a humidifier or a diffuser in aromatherapy for its amazing benefits.
The essential oils can also be sprayed on the pillow before going to sleep as they reduce the stress and anxiety and promotes sound sleep as well.
Precautions Taken While Using Essential Oils
- Keep essential oils out of reach of children and pets for safety
- When diffusing the essential oils, don’t exceed the maximum time limit stated for the particular essential oil
- It is recommended to only diffuse the essential oil in well-ventilated areas
- Always dilute the oil you are using to prevent side-effects
- Never use photosensitizing oils before UV exposure
- It is recommended to wash your hands after using essential oils
All the information given above will be very useful for the one who is stepping into the world of natural substitutes for the first time. So, before picking up any oil, go through this ultimate guide to clear any sort of doubt and misconception about the essential oils for the better and prominent use of these concentrated gem liquids.
Every essential oil mentioned above with the properties uses, and benefits are only for educational purposes. Do not consider the given information as only a valid source and it is recommended to consult your doctor before considering any of the oil for the treatment.
- How to Cure Cold and Flu with Natural Essential Oil in Winter - November 8, 2022
- Do You Want to Know About Diverse Natural Aromatic Substances? - October 28, 2022
- Refreshing and Immunity Supporting Essential Oils For Spring - September 29, 2022