“Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.” — The Quran
Nothing can explain the importance of the aromatherapy in the lives of humans than the above-listed quote from the holy Quran. Aromatherapy is not something new in our lives but instead, the charm of the pleasing aroma of oils extracted from the plants and flowers are known to have a great impact on the human life promoting natural and quick healing from certain problems like depression, stress, anxiety, hypertension, etc. that are slowly ruining the life of the people by affecting the mental health. That is why; everyone is now inclined towards buying essential oils online in India; so that the charm of aromatherapy can have a positive impact on their life.
We have seen many health problems like heart attack, fever, tumors, cancer, and a lot more that are considered as the most threatening issues and no one wants to even imagine getting themselves trapped in any of those. But, do you have any idea what is the biggest issue that can destroy the whole life? No, we are not talking about these physical problems but we are here mentioning about the mental sickness that is not curable and you are lucky enough to find the treatment, then it is very much time taking. These problems include the problem of depression or hypertension or even insomnia that doesn’t let people sleep peacefully at night. And, with the growing age, these issues also take shape and homes the mind. For it, it is very much needed to take suitable steps as soon as you notice any symptoms so that you can get rid of such terrible problems as soon as possible.
As we are talking about the treatments of depression or anxiety, do you think that taking medicines to clam your mind is the best way to get rid of them? No, right! Do you also want an alternative to medicines for living your life peacefully without any tension? If yes, then Aromatherapy can be your reliable procedure for sure. But, the only name is not going to work and that is why; here a small guide is given that will cover aromatherapy, and its all the major and minor aspects so that everyone who is suffering from the mental sickness can get rid of the issues very easily.
Here, you will be getting details on the following topics:
- What is Aromatherapy?
- History of Aromatherapy
- Working of Aromatherapy
- Benefits of using Aromatherapy
- Issues that can be treated with Aromatherapy
- Popular Aromatherapy oils
- Different ways to use Aromatherapy
- Side effects of using aromatherapy
- Precautions to be taken while using Aromatherapy
So, without wasting any more time, let us get started:
What is Aromatherapy?
“Aromatherapy is a caring, hands-on therapy which seeks to induce relaxation, to increase energy, to reduce the effects of stress and to restore lost balance to mind, body, and soul.” — Robert Tisserand
The term Aromatherapy can be explained the best by the above quote. Well, it is a form of holistic treatment that uses the essential oils to promote health and well-being both related to physical and psychological health.
History of Aromatherapy
The concept of using floral aroma to promote mental health is not at all a new one as humans have been using aromatherapy for about thousands of years now. From the ancient tradition of China to the culture of India; the charm of aromatic oils has its own fan base. These natural substitutes have been used in various forms varying from the medical ones in the production of the medicines to the religious ones helping in both the physically and physiologically fit body and mind.
The term “aromatherapy” came into existence through a famous French chemist. He has mentioned in this book that was published in 1937 about the concept of aromatherapy and the smells of flowers to cure certain ailments. The very first flower that is known to have potential healing power is none other than lavender. And, now there are almost more than hundreds of aromatherapy essential oils available that can be used to take good care of the skin, body, and mind altogether. And, this amazing concept is growing day-by-day more and more.
Working of Aromatherapy
After knowing the concept of aromatherapy, it is very important to know the working of this amazing process so that you can know both the essential oils and the aromatherapy in and out.
Aromatherapy is all about using the essential oils for their therapeutic benefit that makes them one of the best natural products to take good care of skin and health. Essential oils that are used in the aromatherapy process are extracted from the different parts of the plants and then they are distilled by using either solvent extraction process or the process of steam distillation and this process results in the highly concentrated oils that are loaded with many therapeutic benefits.
These oils can be inhaled directly or indirectly for its amazing aroma or can also be applied to the skin topically either by massaging them or in the form of lotions or bath salts. For aromatherapy to work, the aroma of the essential oils is stimulated through the smell receptors in the nose that sends the messages to the nervous system of the body that is indulged in the business of controlling the emotions. When essential oils are applied topically, they can be absorbed by the skin through the pores, and then the message is sent to the same part of the brain that is controlling the flow of emotions, and hence, these oils work amazingly in relaxing both the body and mind.
Benefits of using Aromatherapy
Both the essential oils and aromatherapy are known to have many amazing benefits that are making them widely used not only in India but all across the world. Not only for solving any kind of problem, but aromatherapy or the essential oils can also be used to lead a physically and mentally fit life and that too without shifting to the aisles of the medicine.
Here, a list of given having the benefits of aromatherapy essential oils promoting a healthy living body and mind. So, let us have a look at the list:
- Massaging these natural oils will help to manage different types of pains
- Inhaling the aroma of these oils will also improve the sleep quality and will promote sound sleep
- Using these oils will also help to reduce the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- For the patients of sore joints, the topical application of these oils can effectively solve these problems
- The therapeutic properties of these oils will also treat headaches and migraines
- These oils can also be used to alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy
- The discomforts of labor can also be eased by using the aromatherapy essential oils
- The antiviral and antibacterial properties of these oils are helpful in fighting and controlling the growth of bacteria, virus, and fungus in the body
- Aromatherapy essential oils are also used to improve the digestive problems
- Using these oils will also boost the immunity of the body
Issues that can be treated with Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy indeed has the potential to cure many minor and major issues whether it is related to the mental health or physical health as the aroma of the oil is loaded to with the goodness of the therapeutic benefits that make these oils an integral part of certain medicine production and formulation. So, let us have a look at the list of problems that can be easily and effectively solved by aromatherapy.
Let us have a look at the list:
Popular Aromatherapy essential oils
Before going for the aromatherapy sessions, it is very much needed to know about the best oils that can be considered for this process. As, there are more than a hundred oils available and hence, choosing from them the best one becomes so difficult. That is why; a list of widely used and most recommended aromatherapy essential oils is given below that are worth considering.
So, let us have a look at the list of the best essential oils for aromatherapy:
- Geranium essential oil
- Ginger essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- Vetiver essential oil
- Ylang ylang essential oil
- Clary sage essential oil
- Cypress essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Fennel essential oil
- Helichrysum essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Mandarin essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Roman chamomile essential oil
- Rose essential oil
- Neroli essential oil
- Patchouli essential oil
Different ways to use Aromatherapy
So, let us have a look at the list of the best essential oils for aromatherapy:Aromatherapy is all about using the aroma of naturally extracted oils to provide relaxation to the body and mind. It basically works on the principle and the power of the skin to absorb the aroma of the oil and carry it to the brain. That is why; many different ways are there in which you can use aromatherapy and essential oils.
So, let us know some of them:
- Diffusers: It is a type of machine that is to be filled with the essential oil blended with the carrier oil and a little portion of water. It is used to diffuse the pleasing and therapeutic aroma of the oils in the whole room.
- Aromatic sprinters: The diffusers and sprinters work somewhat similarly as sprinters are also used to diffuse the aroma of the essential oil blends with their tiny droplets all around the room.
- Inhalers: As it is only about to take in the pleasing aroma of the oils for the sound sleep, this can be done very easily by inhaling the aroma directly from the bottle. Or, you can also use cotton balls dipped in the oil to inhale the fragrance.
- Bathing salts: Nowadays, there are certain scented bath oils and salts available that have the composition of essential oils making them full of therapeutic benefits that are helpful for the relaxing experience while taking a bath.
- Massage: Essential oils are also used in the production of the massage oils that are applied to the body to reduce tension and ease stress and anxiety.
- Steamers: Steamers are used to convert the aromatherapy essential oils into steam that fills the surrounding environment with the therapeutic aroma of the oils.
- Masks: These oils can also be mixed in the face masks so that they can heal the skin and can also relax the mind with its aroma.
Side effects of using aromatherapy
As the aromatherapy sessions use essential oils as their base component, it is very much needed to know that they might cause side-effects as well in some cases as these oils are highly concentrated in nature. That is why; it is also advised to use carrier oils for blending these natural aromatic oils so that the risk of side-effects can be reduced. Here, some of the possible side-effects are listed so that if you encounter any of these symptoms, then it is advised to stop using the essential oil.
So, let us have a look:
- Rashes on the body and face
- Random asthma attacks
- Headaches and loss of sleep
- Allergic reactions on the body and face
- Irritation or burning sensation on the skin
- Nausea or the problem of vomiting
Precautions to be taken while using Aromatherapy
Most of the essential oils when used blended with the carrier oils for the aromatherapy sessions are considered safe to use. But still, these oils are known to be very potent and powerful and hence, some precautions that there that are meant to be considered while using them for their therapeutic benefits.
So, let us have a look at the list of precautions that should be considered before going for aromatherapy:
- Do not apply essential oils directly on the skin for their aroma as they can cause rashes or irritation.
- Always carry a bottle of carrier oil to dilute the essential oils whether it is about the topical application or for the diffusers.
- When you are purchasing any oil for the topical application, remember to do a patch test on the skin before using them.
- There are many essential oils that are not suitable to wear when you go out in the sun. So, it is recommended not to carry any essential oil especially the citrus essential oils when you are going out in the sun.
- Children and lactating or pregnant women are advised not to use these oils in any form. Or if they are using, then they have to take every possible precaution and also not without the permission of the doctor.
- Also, it is advised not to swallow essential oils for their aroma as this can cause severe problems.
- The patients suffering from fever, asthma, epilepsy or having high blood pressure should not use aromatherapy
- Always take advice from your doctor before going for the aromatherapy treatment.
- Also, for the patients of any serious issue, consider aromatherapy only as a complementary therapy. It is not at all replacement of doctor treatment in any terms and form.
Now, after knowing such amazing things about the aromatherapy, you must be very excited to use the essential oils to relax your body and mind. So, what are you waiting for? Just get yourself a diffuser or the aromatic candles and enhance your surrounding environment by diffusing the pleasant aroma of natural flowers and plants. But, one more thing that is still not figured out is from where you will get these essential oils as only good quality and pure oils will work amazingly in calming your tensed nerves. That is why; we at Aromaazinternational.com are all set to surprise the customers with a wide range of aromatherapy essential oils that are considered very beneficial in reducing the symptoms of mental sickness. So, buy natural essential oils online from here and take a step forward to take good care of your mind as nothing is more important than your health and if something is disturbing your sleep, then it is better to get it kicked out from your life as this is what it all requires.
So, ditch medicines and given aromatherapy sessions a try as
“If you believe in Aromatherapy… it works! If you don’t believe in Aromatherapy… it works!” — Cristina Proano
- Absolute Oils, Their Applications, and Profiles of Popular Absolute Oils! - September 14, 2021
- Clean and Non-toxic Personalized Perfumes – The Latest Trend in Perfumeries! - September 4, 2021
- Revel in Zesty Lemony Essential Oils This Summer! - August 10, 2021