The common cold and flu are both respiratory issues caused by viruses. Flu season is here, so it’s time to start thinking about how to avoid getting sick. The flu, or influenza, is a virus that attacks the respiratory system and is highly contagious. The flu can cause severe illness and sometimes can lead to death. The cold and flu are both caused by viruses, they hold some similarities between two, but there are also some important differences. The main difference between the two is that the flu is much more severe.
The flu is most commonly spread through the air when someone who is sick coughs or sneezes. It can be spread by touching a surface that has the flu virus on it and then unknowingly touching our mouth or nose.
Symptoms Of The Flu and Cold
It includes high fatigue, body aches, cold, and fever, whereas cold symptoms are usually milder and it includes a runny nose, sneezing, and congestion. Both illnesses are contagious and can be spread through coughing and sneezing. Treatment for colds and flu is typically symptomatic and includes rest, fluids, and over-the-counter medications. In some cases, the flu may require prescription antiviral medication. Prevention of both colds and flu is through good hygiene, such as washing hands regularly, and vaccination.
One way to protect yourself from the flu is to get a flu vaccine every year. Apart from this you also have a natural way to treat your cold and flu. We are one of the known essential oils manufacturers and suppliers.
Essential oils that help to treat cold and flu –
- Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint has long been used as a natural remedy for a variety of ailments, including the common cold and flu. The menthol in peppermint essential oil has a cooling effect that can help to relieve congestion and soothe a sore throat. Peppermint essential oil also has antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help to fight off infection.
How to use
- Diffuse 3-4 drops of peppermint oil in a diffuser or add a few drops to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the vapors.
- Apply 1-2 drops of peppermint oil to your chest and/or back and massage in. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to a humidifier or diffuser to help clear sinuses and relieve congestion.
- Make a homemade chest rub by mixing 1 tablespoon of carrier oil with 2-3 drops of peppermint oil. Apply to chest and/or back and massage in.
- Rosemary Essential Oil
If you’re looking for a natural way to fight off cold and flu symptoms, rosemary essential oil may be just what you need. Rosemary oil has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and expectorant properties, making it an effective remedy for congestion, coughing, and other respiratory ailments. We do provide essential oils wholesale.
How to use
- You can add a few drops to your favorite lotion or shampoo, diffuse it in your home, or add it to a bath.
- You can also create a homemade cleaning spray by adding rosemary essential oil to water in a spray bottle.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil is a powerful essential oil that has many benefits. One of the most well-known benefits of eucalyptus essential oil is its ability to help relieve cold and flu symptoms. Eucalyptus essential oil is loaded with medicinal properties that make it a valuable remedy for treating a number of respiratory ailments including colds, flu, bronchitis, and sinusitis.
The oil has expectorant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties which make it an effective remedy for treating respiratory infections. Eucalyptus essential oil also has cooling and soothing properties that can help to relieve the symptoms of a cold or flu.
There are many ways to use eucalyptus essential oil as follows:
- It can be used aromatically, topically, or internally.
- Aromatically, eucalyptus oil can be diffused using a diffuser or inhaled directly from the bottle.
- Eucalyptus oil can be applied to the skin diluted with a carrier oil or used in a bath
- Thyme Essential Oil
Thyme essential oil is a powerful natural remedy for colds and flu. It has antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve symptoms and speed up recovery. A study in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine found that thyme essential oil was effective in treating upper respiratory tract infections, including colds and flu. This powerful essential oil is derived from the thyme plant, which is a member of the mint family. Thyme essential oil is thought to work by helping to increase mucus production, which can help to clear congestion and make breathing easier.
How to use
- There are many different ways that you can use thyme essential oil for treating colds and flu.
- add a few drops of it to a diffuser and inhale the vapors.
- You can also add a few drops of the oil to a bowl of hot water and hold your head over the bowl with a towel over your head to trap the steam.
- Exotic Oil Dilutions – The Safest Way to Derive Wellness Benefits of an Essential Oil! - December 10, 2022
- How to Cure Cold and Flu with Natural Essential Oil in Winter - November 8, 2022
- Do You Want to Know About Diverse Natural Aromatic Substances? - October 28, 2022