Popularly known by the nickname “Liquid Sunshine”, Lemon essential oil is one such natural substitute in the aisles of essential oils that have been used in the formulation of Ayurvedic medicines from thousands of years. The reason behind such huge popularity of this oil is its vast range of treatments and health benefits that are serving humans for the past many years.
But, only on the basis of its popularity, one who is new in the aisles of using natural substitutes need to know the basic things about this oil that are making it one of the best essential oils to ginger up the skincare and health regimen. So, we are here providing all the needed and basic information that one needs to know before using this oil.
So, without wasting any time, let us get started:
- History of Lemon Essential Oil
- Extraction of Lemon Essential Oil
- Varieties of Lemon Essential Oil
- Properties of Lemon Essential Oil
- Health Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
- Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil for Skin
- Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil for Hair
- Therapeutic Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
- How to Use Lemon Essential Oil
- Contraindications for Using Lemon Essential Oil
Let us begin our tour for the Lemon essential oil:
History of Lemon Essential Oil
The word “Lemon” describes the refreshing and energetic mood and that is why; this yellow-colored fruit cum vegetable extracted oil is popularly known by the name “Liquid Sunshine” and thus, this citrus oil is serving the customers for the past many years. The ancients Egyptians and Romans use this oil for the treatment of various kinds of skin infections. Apart from this, the lemon oil was also fused in the working places to enhance the focus of the employees and in the homes to uplift the mood.
Extraction of Lemon Essential Oil
The botanical name of Lemon essential oil is “Citrus Limonum” and is extracted by the process of cold press extraction from the fruit pulp or skin. The oil has a thin and watery viscosity with a pale yellowish-green color and has a fresh and mood-enhancing fragrance.
Varieties of Lemon Essential Oil
|Argentina||Argentina||> Moisturize and soothe dry skin. > Relieve stress and fatigue > Boost energy|
|Sicily||Italy and Spain||> Enhance body metabolism > Shape the body > Regulate oil production glands|
|Natural Blend||Italy||> Cures fever > Relieve mood swings > Promote easy & regulated breathing|
|5 Fold (Natural Blend)||Italy||> Forming scented soaps and candles > Formulation of cosmetics > Enhance focus and body energy|
|5 Fold (Sicily)||Italy||> Nourish skin > Condition hair > Soothe skin issues > Fresh-n-up surrounding air|
|Organic||Italy||> Cures cough and cold > Tighten skin pores > Improves focusing power|
The Lemon essential oil is available in the above-mentioned varieties depending upon the place of origin and hence, each variety provides a different set of benefits. So, go through the table and choose your kinda oil for the best results. One can also buy lemon hydrosol if the search is for some less concentrated oil or natural substitute.
Properties of Lemon Essential Oil
There is a wide range of ingredients available in the lemon oil that results in a plethora of amazing properties that makes this oil a boon for promoting healthy skin, body, and mind. So, let us go through the properties first:
Health Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil boosts circulation
- Promotes system metabolism
- Regulates digestive function
- Relieves constipation
- Reduces blood pressure
- Soothe headaches
- Ease arthritis problem
- Cures sore throat
- Ease wound healing
Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil for Skin
- Soothe many skin infections and makes skin healthier
- Brightens the skin tone
- Works as an exfoliator and helps in getting rid of dead skin
- Clears the skin by treating breakouts, pimples, and acne
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite on the skin
- Controls oil production
- Used in the formulation of face washes, lotions, creams, and other cosmetic products.
- Works as a skin tightening agent
- Rejuvenate the skin cells and makes the skin looks younger
Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil for Hair
- Works as hair tonic and serum
- Makes hair stronger from roots
- Provide shine without making hair looks greasy
- Improves blood circulation and hence, controls hair fall
- Reduces the problem of dandruff
- Maintains the thickness of the hair
- Balance oil production in the scalp
- Can be used to make DIY hair rinse
- Maintains the natural color of hair
Therapeutic Benefits of Lemon Essential Oil
- Relieves body pain and ache when uses as a massage oil
- The refreshing aroma ease the symptoms of morning sickness
- Relieves stress with its anti-stressing properties
- One of the best-known antidepressants
- The calming aroma of this oil relieves both the mind and body
- Ease the feeling of irritation
- Boost energy level when you are feeling low
- One of the best essential oils to make DIY scented candles
- Reduces nervousness, anxiety, and hypertension
How to Use Lemon Essential Oil
For aromatherapy use, diffuse 3- 4 drops of the oil in the diffuser in a ventilated area and limit the session time to only 30 minutes.
For the topical application, blend this essential oil with a carrier oil to avoid any reaction. The carrier oils that can be considered include Mandarine, Bergamot, Olive, Coconut, Lime, and Orange.
Before any topical application, do a patch test on the area and wait for at least 24 hours to see the reaction of the oil on your skin or hair.
Contraindications for Using Lemon Essential Oil
The lemon essential oil can be used only after dilution as it can have some side-effects and reactions.
Consult medical practitioners before using this oil for therapeutic treatments
Pregnant and nursing women should avoid using this oil
Keep this oil away from the reach of children below 10 years
Keep away from the eyes as it can cause irritation
After the topical application, sun exposure should be avoided
All the information and the details about Lemon essential oil are up to the mark and valid and thus, customers can rely on the properties and uses given above and can consider this oil to enhance the skincare and health care regimen. Now, the next comes in the line is the place where the best quality and affordable oils can be purchased. For this, we here at Aromaazinternational.com can be considered as one of the most preferred online spots known as pure and natural essential oil manufacturers that are in this business for the past many years. So, explore the site and choose the natural product that is needed and get the best deals and offers.
All the above-mentioned properties and uses of Lemon essential oil are only for the purpose to make our customers knowledgeable and aware of everything related to oil. Before considering any of the above-mentioned benefits for the use or treatment of any ailment, it is recommended consulting your doctor first to avoid any further risk, side-effects, and reactions to get better results on skin, body, and health.
- Handpicked Essential Oils for Digestive Health! - October 19, 2021
- Eleven Unique Essential Oils and Their Contextual Uses! - October 8, 2021
- Absolute Oils, Their Applications, and Profiles of Popular Absolute Oils! - September 14, 2021