Peppermint essential oil is multi-purpose naturally extracted oil that is earning the reputation and popularity by being one of the most versatile oils in the world. There has always been a debate between the essential oils about which is the best of all. But the truth is each and every oils is best in itself as all have a different set of properties and serve humans indifferently.
Now, coming back to the peppermint oil, there are many forms in which you can find the goodness of peppermint like pure peppermint hydrosol that is intact with the goodness of peppermint. But the most popular and widely used one is peppermint essential oil.
So, if you are also planning to include this oil in your skincare, then this peppermint essential oil guide is going to be the best source of knowledge for you. So, let us dive into the ocean of knowledge:
- About Peppermint Essential Oil
- Varieties of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Properties of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Uses of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Health Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil for Skin
- Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil for Hair
- How to use Peppermint Essential Oil?
- Precautions to be Taken While Using Peppermint Essential Oil
- Where to Buy Naturally Extracted & Organic Peppermint Essential Oil?
- Bottom Line
- Words of Caution
So, let us get started with the ultimate peppermint essential oil guide:
About Peppermint Essential Oil
Some basic and general information related to the Peppermint Essential Oil is given below:
- Botanical Name: Mentha arvensis L.
- Place of Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Leaves
- Color: Vague yellow to transparent in color
- Aroma: Fresh menthol-like fragrance
- Consistency: Thin
- Main Constituents: Menthol, Menthyl Acetate, a-Pinene, Limonene, and Menthone.
- Strength of aroma: Medium
- Aromatic Description: Smells fresh, sharp, and deep
Varieties of Peppermint Essential Oil
|Peppermint Essential Oil Varieties|
|Common Name||Botanical Name||Origin||Benefits|
|Peppermint Japanese||Mentha Arvensis||India|
|Peppermint Supreme||Mentha piperita||England and India|
Properties of Peppermint Essential Oil
The properties that make Peppermint essential oil such a widely used product are:
- Antimicrobial Properties
- Insecticidal Properties
- Pesticidal Properties
- Analgesic Properties
- Anesthetic Properties
- Vasodilating Properties
- Anti-inflammatory Properties
Uses of Peppermint Essential Oil
- In the formulation of soaps.
- Natural perfumes and scents.
- In the formulation of cosmetic products.
- Used as a flavoring agent in many dishes.
- Used in making many medicines and tinctures.
Health Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Perfect solution for the digestive problems.
- Treats common cold and flu as well.
- Relieves muscle pain and headaches.
- Uplifts mood and gives energy.
- It provides oral health when mixed with the toothpaste.
Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil for Skin
- It can be used to exfoliate unwanted and dead skin.
- It stops bacterial growth causing acne and pimples.
- It also works as a perfect skin tonner.
- Fade the marks of acne and pimples on skin and face.
- It improves skin complexion as well.
Benefits of Peppermint Essential Oil for Hair
- It has antiseptic and antimicrobial properties that keep the scalp cool.
- This oil also eliminate dandruff
- Fights the problem of head lice.
- It can be used to relieve a dry scalp.
- Gives healthy shine to the hair and makes them stronger.
How to use Peppermint Essential Oil?
There are different ways in which the peppermint oil can be used on your hair, body, and skin. Some of them are listed below:
Add a few drops of oil any of the carrier oil or hair oil and like coconut, jojoba, or shea butter oil for the massage. This will prevent hair loss and will improve blood circulation. This massage method can also be used to relieve the body pain as peppermint oil has pain-relieving properties as well.
One can also add this oil directly into the shampoo or conditioner and can use both the products as usual. But, do not exceed the amount of oil from 4 to 5 drops.
Apart from the application onto your hair, for the topical application on your body, do not use undiluted peppermint essential oils as it can cause a burning sensation on your skin. It is strictly advised to dilute oils with a carrier oil always.
For the therapeutic benefits of the oil, you can diffuse a few drops of the oil is the ventilated room.
Pour one to two drops of this oil on either side of the pillow for the sound sleep.
You can also directly inhale the aroma of the oil from the bottle for the instant calming and mood uplifting results.
Precautions to be Taken While Using Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint essential oil is highly concentrated in nature and that is why; there are some precautions that should be taken while using this oil:
Avoid getting essential oils in your eyes. And, if in case, it happens, immediately wash your eyes with water.
Never consume undiluted oils as they can cause severe health and skin problems.
Check labels when you purchase peppermint oil to avoid getting adulterated products.
Do not use any kind of diffuser oil, warming oil, or extract directly on your skin.
It is always advised to do a patch test before any topical application.
- It is also recommended to stop using essential oils on infants and children.
People with G6PD deficiency should also not use this oil.
People having any kind of specific enzyme deficiency should stop using peppermint oil even in aromatherapy sessions as well.
People taking medications should not use this oil without the prescription of the doctor.
Peppermint oil can be toxic for pets such as dogs and cats. So, if found any kind of uneven condition, stop using this oil.
Where to Buy Naturally Extracted & Organic Peppermint Essential Oil?
After knowing such amazing benefits of Peppermint essential oil, the next thing that immediately strikes the mind is from where can we get the good quality and naturally extracted oil. And, for this, Aromaazinternational.com is all set to be the most suitable solution. We are one of the best and most recognized organic essential oil suppliers in India who is offering its customers a huge aisle of natural substitutes that will ginger up the skincare and daily regimen with its goodness. So, place your order now and hands on the good quality product at an inexpensive rate from here.
Now, you are all done with the information that you must have before adding Peppermint essential oil in your regimen. Go through the concerned section of the guide and clear all your doubts about the oil. The guide given above is the valid source of information on which customers can rely without having any doubt in mind.
Words of Caution
It is to be noted that all the information given above about Peppermint essential oil is only for the purpose of making users more knowledgable. Before considering any of the given uses, benefits, and therapies practically, it is advised to consult your physician or doctor first as wrong use can cause severe infection or health issues.
- Absolute Oils, Their Applications, and Profiles of Popular Absolute Oils! - September 14, 2021
- Clean and Non-toxic Personalized Perfumes – The Latest Trend in Perfumeries! - September 4, 2021
- Revel in Zesty Lemony Essential Oils This Summer! - August 10, 2021