Also, Have An Insight into Different Grades of This Fragrant Oil!
The diffusion of ylang ylang essential oil spreads a beautifully sweet, floral, fruity aroma that overpowers unpleasant odors in the surroundings. Ylang-ylang oil is a clear liquid with a yellow tinge obtained from the flowers of the Cananga odorata plant. Its dilution helps alleviate dermal ailments. The refreshing aroma of ylang-ylang essential oil reduces anxiety, depression, hypertension, and nervous palpitations. It also works as an aphrodisiac.
Ylang-ylang oil balances sacral chakra, located below the naval and associated with kidney and sex organs. It also unblocks the solar plexus chakra located in the stomach, connected with digestive health.
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Composition and Its Types
Essential oil manufacturers offer ylang-ylang fragrance by Ylang Ylang Extra, Ylang Ylang Grade 1, Ylang Ylang Grade 2, and Ylang Ylang Grade 3 essential oils and Ylang Ylang floral water. Some also provide blends and perfume oils using ylang ylang oil. Any variant of this oil has linalool, farnesol, geraniol, geranial, benzyl acetate, geranyl acetate, eugenol, chavicol, pinene, and b-caryophyllene compounds in lesser or more quotient. The perfume enthusiasts prefer its combination with clary sage and call it a Poor Man’s Jasmine.
A curiosity arises about the distinction and the extraction process followed to derive diverse ylang-ylang oils. The distillation process continues for 18 hours, yielding the oils with distinct grades, and they differ from others in their aroma and composition.
Ylang Ylang Extra Essential Oil
When the distillation of ylang-ylang flowers begins, the manufacturers obtain the extra oil during the initial short duration. Ylang-ylang extra essential oil is the first of four distillates segregated by distillation duration (typically of 2 hours) and density. The oil emits an intensely sweet, floral aroma with fruity, woody, and spicy notes as it contains the lightest volatiles and is rich in esters, ethers, and phenols. Its bioactive compound diversity and pleasantness make it a unique fragrance ingredient in high-end perfumery.
Ylang Ylang Grade I Essential Oil
The essential oil manufacturers derive ylang-ylang grade I oil after obtaining the first distillate – ylang ylang extra. The second distillate contains more sesquiterpene hydrocarbons, making the oil more suitable for cosmetics and body care products. Its aroma is a little less sweet and rich than the first distillate. It blends with neroli, rosewood, sandalwood, bergamot, grapefruit, and lavender essential oils.
Ylang Ylang Grade II Essential Oil
The third distillate obtained in the process of ylang-ylang flower distillation is known as ylang ylang grade II oil. It is heavier and contains comparatively more sesquiterpene compounds, and has sweet, floral, fruity, and woody aroma notes in balance. It finds application in soaps, handwashes, shower gel, and shampoos.
Ylang Ylang Grade III Essential Oil
Ylang-ylang grade III is the fourth distillate with the densest sesquiterpene molecules during the whole process of ylang-ylang flowers distillation. Its aroma is sweet, floral, spicy with evident woody notes. The low dilution of this oil adds tenacity and depth to the fragrance of personal care formulations.
Ylang Ylang Complete Essential Oil
The ylang-ylang oil manufacturers obtain the ylang-ylang complete oil at the end of distillation of 18 hours. It is a full spectrum, non-fractionated distillate, characterizing a secondary oil with more woody notes and density.
Recommended Ylang Ylang Essential Oil Recipes
Ylang ylang essential oil of any grade comes under the Generally Recognised As Safe category. The users with sensitive skin should conduct a patch test before extensive usage. 0.8% to 1% is the recommended dilution in any dermal formulation.
Recipe 1 – Facial Mask
As ylang-ylang oil grade II helps treat acne and controls sebum, the following ylang-ylang & honey-facial recipe would be beneficial.
- Ylang Ylang Grade II Essential Oil – 1.5 ml
- Tea tree Essential Oil – 1 ml
- Lemon Essential Oil – 5 drops
- Plain Yogurt – 2 tsp
- Raw Honey – 2 tsp
- Take a dark glass bottle, add all the essential oils and thoroughly blend them.
- Mix the yogurt and honey in a bowl.
- Add five drops of the blend to the bowl and stir.
- Apply this face mask using fingers on the face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the face with warm water.
Recipe 2 – Hair Oil
Ylang-ylang oil stops hair loss, nourishes hair, and provides a glow. It hydrates and conditions all kinds of hair.
- Ylang-ylang Grade I Essential Oil – 1 ml
- Rosemary Essential Oil – 5 drops
- Geranium Essential Oil – 5 drops
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 6 tsp
- Heat the olive oil on a low flame till it gets warm.
- Remove it from flame and add all three essential oils to it, mixing well.
- Apply this mixture to the damp hair strands and roots.
- Cover the head with a warm, damp towel for an hour.
- Wash the hair with a suitable shampoo.
- Apply apple cider vinegar as a conditioner and let hair dry.
Recipe 3 – Exfoliating Sugar Scrub
Ylang-ylang oil helps rejuvenate skin cells and promotes radiant skin.
- Ylang-ylang Grade III Essential oil – 1.5 ml
- Jojoba Oil – 20 ml
- White Sugar – 30 gms
- Heat jojoba oil on a low flame till it gets warm.
- Remove the oil from heat and add sugar.
- Add ylang ylang oil and stir it with a spoon.
- Take a scoop of this mixture in your palm and massage it with fingers after showering on wet skin in a circular motion for ten minutes.
- Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes and rinse skin with warm or cold water.
- Store the unused scrub in a jar.
- Use this exfoliating scrub once or twice a week.
Recipe 4 – Exotic Diffuser Blend
Ylang-ylang oil has a multifaceted floral, fruity, sweet, spicy aroma that rejuvenates the mind, promotes positive thoughts, and blows away every anxiety, stress, and tension.
- Ylang-ylang Extra Essential Oil – 7 drops
- Rosewood Essential Oil – 4 drops
- Lime Essential Oil – 2 drops
- Geranium Essential Oil – 2 drops
- Distilled Water – 15 ml
- Add 15 ml distilled water to a diffuser.
- Add all the essential oils one by one to it.
- Turn the diffuser on during low times.
The users can try more DIY recipes for body mists, soaps, Epsom bath salt, hair tonic, and many others. Aromaaz International provides all variants of ylang ylang essential oils.
- Exotic Oil Dilutions – The Safest Way to Derive Wellness Benefits of an Essential Oil! - December 10, 2022
- How to Cure Cold and Flu with Natural Essential Oil in Winter - November 8, 2022
- Do You Want to Know About Diverse Natural Aromatic Substances? - October 28, 2022